How to check if an iPhone was bought brand new or refurbished
So many people especially those who want to buy a UK-used or foreign-used iPhone will always like to know if the device they intend to pay for was bought brand new or it was refurbished. In this article, I will be showing you step by step how to know if an iPhone was bought brand new, refurbished, personalized, or given out as a replacement device.
How to know if an iPhone was bought brand new or refurbished
- Click on the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General
3. Click About.
4. Pay close attention to the model number, because this will reveal the origin of the iPhone.
- If the model number starts with M, this signifies that it was purchased brand new from Apple.
- If the model number starts with F, it was refurbished by Apple or a carrier.
- If the model number starts with P, this means that it was sold as a personalized iPhone with an engraving.
- If the model number starts with N, Apple provided it as a replacement device for a malfunctioning iPhone.
If my iPhone is refurbished, do I have to worry?
No, once it reflects that it was refurbished by Apple, you don’t have to worry because the device has been put through a rigorous process that makes them like new. Refurbished devices from Apple look and perform like brand-new devices so you don’t have to worry.
Does a third-party refurbish device show F?
If your device was refurbished by a third party, it won’t indicate and it’s always recommended to avoid them by all means.
You should go for direct Grade A UK-used iPhones from Alpha Luxury Gadgets.
Contact Alpha Luxury Gadgets on 09043237566 for a grade A UK used iPhone for sale in Nigeria at giveaway price.