In a communiqué released by Toyota in March 2020, the company debut the all-new 2021 Toyota Sienna. The company planned to unveil the car at at an upcoming car show but due to the scorch of the COVID-19 pandemic they had to unveil it online. Based on o many requests from our readers, we decided to take time to craft this review on the specification and price of 2021 Toyota Sienna in Nigeria, both Naira and Dollar. We will review in Dollars for our oversea readers while Naira is for Nigerian readers.
For a better understanding of this review, I will like to divide the article into different subheadings. I will kick start the review with the exterior design.
Table of Contents
The new 2021 Toyota Sienna exterior design
As we all know, the 2021 Sienna is in the fourth generation. It was designed by the combined effort of CALTY’s Newport Beach, CA, and Ann Arbor, MI studios, they deliver a combination of room, comfort, convenience, fuel efficiency, and versatility that other types of vehicles can’t match.
Chief Engineer Monte Kaehr said: “This is an all-new vehicle from the ground up, including a new chassis platform as well as a new electrical platform, the development of the fourth-generation Sienna was a huge undertaking but we always worked towards one single mission—to make the best van yet”.
According to Toyota, the front design was inspired by the iconic Shinkansen Japanese Bullet Train. The new design was adopted to appear sleek, speedy, and confidence. The new headlights mounted high and stretched around the sides as if they are being shaped by the wind, the bold lower grille is also contrasted by slim, high tech LED fog lights.
The interior design
The all-new 2021 Toyota Sienna comes with a spacious interior. The company did a good job designing it. The company looked farther by refining the minivan experience where Confidence, Refinement, and Smart innovation were the key terms in the design. With this in mind, the company created a bold, horizontal layer to express a wide and spacious interior, with a large center touch display, handy storage capability, and the innovative Bridge Console, which is the key to allocating personalized space to the driver and front passenger.
It also featured a super long slide second-row captain’s chairs slide, this provides unprecedented legroom and flexibility to maximize comfort.
The LE and some XLE models are equipped with seat configurations with two captain chairs, a long slide second row, and a stowable middle seat, while some XLE models, as well as the XSE, Limited and Platinum, features seven-seat models with the super long slide second-row captain’s chairs with the Limited FWD models.
Safety features in 2021 Toyota Sienna
Engineers didn’t overlook safety when designing the 2021 Sienna. The exemplary collision protection provided by the TNGA-K Platform is standard in all the trims. This comes with the second-generation Toyota Safety Sense [TSS 2.0], this includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection/Lowlight Detection
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Lane Trace Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Road Sign Assist
Other safety features include:
- 10 airbags: driver and front passenger airbags; driver’s knee airbag; passenger seat cushion airbag; front-seat side airbags; rear outboard seat side airbags, plus curtain side airbags for all three rows
- Toyota’s Star Safety System includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and Smart Stop Technology (SST).
Toyota took a giant step further by adding a rear passenger seatbelt reminder and electric parking brake [EPB] – as well as a new feature known as Rear seat reminder prints4sure.com.
The new 2021 is fully loaded. Here is a list of the available entertainment system in the Sienna:
- Toyota Audio (standard on LE grade): includes a 9-in. touch-screen, 6 speakers, AM/FM, Android Auto TM, Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa compatibility; 7 USB ports; hands-free phone capability, advanced voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, and SiriusXM® with 3-month All Access trial. Toyota Connected Services include Safety Connect® with a 1-year trial and Wi-Fi Connect capability.
- Toyota Audio Plus (standard for XLE, optional for LE): adds to the above: AM/FM/HD radio, 8 speakers, Siri® Eyes Free and Safety Connect® with 3-year trial, and Wi-Fi Connect powered by AT&T (up to 2GB within a 6-month trial).
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation (standard on XSE): adds navigation to the Toyota Audio Plus system.
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® Premium Audio (standard on Limited and Platinum, optional for XLE and XSE): adds 12 speakers including subwoofer and 1,200-watt amplification, plus Clari-Fi® digital restoration technology to Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation.
The electronic on-demand All Wheel Drive
2021 Sienna is combining a hybrid powertrain with AWD. This can also be seen in 2021 Toyota Avalon and the 2021 Lexus ES family. These two cars also combine hybrid power with AWD.
The fourth-generation Sienna uses a new kind of AWD called Electronic on-demand AWD. Its working principle is as follows: this AWD system uses a separate independent electric motor to power the rear wheels the instant additional traction is needed and at all vehicle speeds.
It can send up to 80% percent driving force to the rear wheels to help reduce front wheel slip during off-the-line starts. The torque distribution for the new AWD is rated from 100:0 in constant-speed driving to 20:80 on slippery surfaces.
The 2021 Toyota Sienna delivers 243 total horsepower and a manufacturer estimated 33 combined MPG fuel economy.
With the introduction of the hybrid version in every trim, the driver will feel the ultra-smooth acceleration and hear very little noise. It features a high-efficiency 2.5-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine.
The blockbuster in the 2021 Toyota Sienna is the fact that there is no plug in the 2021 Toyota Sienna. I was shocked when I heard this. The company claim that this will reduce the cost of installing a battery charger in the garage because the Toyota Hybrid System II will charge the battery automatically as the vehicle drives.
It will feature four driving modes namely EV, NORMAL, ECO, and SPORT.
The 2021 Toyota Sienna release date
The company made it known that the 2021 Toyota Sienna will go on sale at the near end of 2020.
Price of 2021 Toyota Sienna in Nigeria
The base price of the 2021 Toyota Sienna is from $33,000-$50,000. In Nigeria, the cant is the same due to the 70% customs duty and some other taxation. For easier understanding, I will give you an estimated price of the 2021 Toyota Sienna price in Nigeria in a tabular form.
|Price of 2021 Toyota Sienna in Nigeria||20,000,000 – 40,000,000 Naira|
You can check out the price of Toyota Sienna in Nigeria, this post covers all the prices of Toyota Sienna from the inception of the model.
Price of foreign used/ tokunbo 2021 Toyota Sienna in Nigeria
The price of a tokunbo 2021 Toyota Sienna in Nigeria ranges between 65,000,000 and 75,000,000 Naira.
Where and how can I buy a Toyota Sienna in Nigeria
If you are looking forward to buying a Toyota Sienna in Nigeria, you can check out our listing on brand new, Tokunbo, and locally used Toyota Sienna for sale in Nigeria.
If you are looking for a trusted dealer trade directly without stress and also get a certified Toyota Sienna, you can contact Alpha Autos on 08107992356.
Meanwhile, as regarding the article, if you have any questions or suggestions, you can drop them below. We love comments a lot but we also have zero tolerance to spam.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter on @sellatease. You can subscribe to our newsletter and accept notifications so you can be able to see our updates because something massive is still coming your way.