The 2021 Toyota RAV4 prime is a high performance that has its new price tag pegged at $38,100, this is the base price and it does not cover taxes. According to the company, it can accelerate from rest to 60 mph in under 5.7 seconds, this makes it the fastest four-door model in Toyota Lineup. Aside from that, the engine is tuned to produce 302 horsepower for a sportier feel. In this review, I will unveil the truth about the specifications, the release date, and the price of the 2021 RAV4 prime in Nigeria.
The engine of 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime.
The new car will feature a differently tuned version of the RAV4 Hybrid’s 2.5-liter four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle gas engine. The engine combines a 176 hp produced from the hybrid with the power produced by the electric motors, this brings the total power output to 302 horsepower.
According to Toyota, it’s the fastest four-door model in Toyota line up, even at this high performance, it still retains its high fuel efficiency.
The interior space
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 comes with a bigger lithium-ion battery that is mounted underneath the floor. The company placed the battery in such a way that the comfort of the passengers is not compromised and also the battery gives the model a low center of gravity and this always leads to enhanced driving stability.
It features enhanced heat pump HVAC system, based on Prius Prime’s and tailored to fit RAV4 Prime contributes to an increasing EV range, as energy consumption for cabin temperature control can significantly decrease EV driving range.
Recommended for you: Price of 2021 Toyota Venza in Nigeria
The 2020 RAV4 prime will feature the same version of Electric On-Demand All-Wheel Drive [AWD] as the RAV4 hybrid. A separate rear-mounted electric motor powers the rear wheels when needed, including proactively on acceleration startup and it can also reduce traction conditions.
Advantages of the new AWD drive train
They are so many advantages of the new drive train, they include:
- The AWD system will reduce understeer during cornering in other to enhance steering stability.
- The new AWD also aids in hill-climbing performance.
- It also makes it possible for the trial mode to get unstuck by braking a spinning wheel and sending torque to the grounding wheel.
- To foster greater control when driving in hilly areas, the driver can downshift with available paddle shifters to increase generative braking in steps.
- With the available navigation systems such as Predictive Efficient Drive, it can read the road and learns driver pattern to optimize the hybrid battery charging and discharging operations, and this is based on the driving conditions. In other words, the car has some features that tend to read and understand the overall driving patterns such as hills and stoplights, with this it can remember those spots and adjust the hybrid powertrain to maximize efficiency.
Different grades of the 2021 Toyota RAV4
According to Toyota, the new 2021 Toyota RAV4 is built for higher performance, that’s why it’s offering it in two-sport grades, SE and XSE grades. XSE as it stands now is exclusive to the RAV4 hybrid while the SE grade is for the RAV4 prime.
The SE grades are equipped with an 18-in painted and machined alloyed wheels. The interior is a piano black interior accents and a painted grille/diffuser to finish the premium look.
The standard equipment includes:
- Heated front seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment
- 7-in. Multi-Information Display
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- The leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with red stitching
- Power Back Door
- Audio with 8-in. touchscreen and Amazon Alexa integration, as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility
- 3 kW on-board charger
The additional package will cost you $1,665 US Dollars, it includes options like a heated steering wheel, heated rear outboard seats and rain-sensing windshield wipers with de-icer function, for added convenience.
The base price of a RAV4 hybrid XSE is pegged at $41,425. This grade is differentiated with an available two-tone exterior paint scheme pairing a black roof with select colors.
Other standard features include:
- Exclusive 19-in. two-tone alloy wheels, the largest ever offered on a hybrid RAV4
- Vertical LED accent lights
- Paddle shifters Moonroof SofTex®-trimmed seat surfaces
- Qi-wireless phone charger
- Ambient interior lighting
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink universal transceiver
- Audio Plus with 9-in. touchscreen
The RAV4 XSE is featuring the largest ever standard Audio Plus system with a 9.0 in. touch screen.
Available options for the XSE grades include:
- Weather Package (+$815)
This includes a Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Outboard Seats, and Rain Sensing Wipers w/Wiper De-Icer.
- The Weather and Audio Package (+$2,435) Weather package plus: JBL Premium Audio, Dynamic Navigation with 3-year trial, and Destination Assist with a 1-year trial.
- Weather with Audio and Premium Package (+$5,760)
The weather and Audio package plus: AC (6.6kW) Enhanced Charger, Digital Rearview Mirror, 120V/1500W AC power outlet in the cargo area, Panoramic Moonroof, Kick-Type Power Back Door, SofTex®-trimmed seats with sporty red accents and stitching, Bird’s Eye View Camera, 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket, Smart Key System on all doors, Perforated Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Parking Assist with Automatic Braking, Adaptive Front Headlight System, and Head-Up Display.
The safety features
The standard safety features in the RAV4 prime is Toyota Safety Sense [ TSS 2.0]. Other safety features include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
- Road Sign Assist (RSA)
Release date of the 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime.
According to the company, the RAV4 will be hitting dealerships this summer.
Price of 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Hybrid in Nigeria
I will review the price of 2021 Toyota RAV4 in Nigeria. The price will cover both shipping and customs clearing fees.
The base price of a Toyota RAV4 prime is pegged at $38,100 while the XSE is pegged at $41,425. Note that this does not cover taxes, shipping, and other taxations.
|Price of brand new 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE Prime in Nigeria||22,000,000 – 30,000,000 Naira|
|Price of brand new 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XSE in Nigeria||24,000,000 – 32,000,000 Naira|
When will 2021 RAV4 hybrid arrive in Nigeria?
The truth of the matter is the fact that it will arrive in 2021 but even if it does it will be a very few units. If you need it, the best thing to do is to pre-order one.
You can check this page on how to pre-order any car to Nigeria
You can check out our listings on the available Toyota RAV4 for sale in Nigeria